- Research Interests
- Application Requirements
- Application Linki 🗗
- Tuition Fees 🗗
- Graduate Education Regulation 🗗
Graduate students must take at least 7 courses (at least 21 credits). Each student’s curriculum will be determined by the student and thesis advisor according to the following rules:
- To satisfy the mathematics course requirement, a course is selected from the following courses: MECH 521, MAT 583 or MAT 587 (or ME 521, ES 501, AEE 501, MATH 583 or MATH 587, which are equivalent of these courses).
- At least 4 courses, excluding MECH 521, must have at least 12 credits in total, MECH 5XX or ME 5XX.
- The program may include up to 2 courses from the three categories listed below (subject to approval of the program coordinator of the program):
- Post-graduate courses offered in other programs,
- Undergraduate technical elective courses given by the Mechanical Engineering Program,
- Undergraduate technical elective courses offered by other programs.
- Courses must be completed for a maximum of 4 semesters.
- In addition to the course load:
- Each graduate student must pass the non-credit MECH 590 Seminar (Thesis Seminar) course.
- It is expected that graduate students must successfully write and defend a thesis before the sixth semesters.
The courses which students should take in the program can be summarized as follows:
|Lesson||Mandatory / Elective Course|
|Mathematics Course: MECH 521 / ME 521 / ES 501 / AEE 501 / MAT 583 / MATH 583 / MAT 587 / MATH 587||Mandatory Course|
|MECH 500||Mandatory Course|
|MECH 590||Mandatory Course|
|Other Courses (6)||Elective Course|
Click on the links below for more information or visit our research page.
- Computational Methods and Simulation
- Energy Conversion, Management and Storage
- Mechanics and Manufacturing of Advanced Materials and Composites
The conditions to be provided in the application and the documents to be submitted are:
- Official transcript (Undergraduate graduation average of at least 2.50 / 4.00)
- English language proficiency: At least 65 points must be taken from METU-EPE (METU English Proficiency Examination) (or equivalent score from other foreign language exams approved by the Senate of the Middle East Technical University)
- ALES (Academic Personnel and Postgraduate Education Entrance Exam) for Turkish citizen candidates must have a minimum score of 70
- 2 reference letters
- Letter of intent