As the registration period is just around the corner, I would like to point out some important parts regarding the registrations:
Before the registration starts,
- Plan yourself on which courses to take and their schedules. You can make use of APU – Academic Planning Unit for this purpose.
- You can see all the courses available this semester at METU NCC under “View Sections and Instructors” tab on APU. If you hover your cursor over the Greek letter, ζ, you can see the criteria about that section.
E.g., “MECH-2-MUST [names:aa-kz]” means that that section is offered as a must course to 2nd year MECH students with the last names starting from aa to kz.
- Once you decide on all the courses and sections, prepare a timetable on APU to see if you have any conflicts. If there is any conflict, look for other possibilities (sections, courses, etc.) to register. Save your timetable/schedule without any conflicts as a “pre-defined set” on APU.
- Make sure you do not have any debt with the University (tuition, library, etc.).
During the registration period,
- Update your address on APU.
- Go to register.metu.edu.tr and log in. Add all the courses with correct sections you listed beforehand.
- If you encounter any problems, see Help Desk and/or fill in a problem form on APU and/or visit your adviser.
- If you plan to take any elective language courses, fill in the Language Declaration Form on APU.
- Send your timetable/schedule to your academic adviser via APU.
- Visit your adviser in person to get his/her approval.
Do not forget that your registration is not complete without your adviser’s approval! You must get your adviser’s approval before the registration period is over!
Your registration should be conformed with the following course priority:
- Courses that must be repeated
- Must courses not taken previous year
- Must courses according to the order of years in curriculum
- Courses to retake to improve GPA (Replaced courses must be retaken within the three consecutive semesters following the semester in which the courses were taken.)
If you are on probation, you cannot take any new courses. You will repeat the courses you have taken until you get your CGPA 2.00 or higher.
Attendance is mandatory for all courses at METU. If you cannot add a course during the registration for any reason, you should attend a section of that course that fits your timetable/schedule. During the add-drop period, you must still add the course officially and get your adviser’s approval.
I wish all of you a successful semester!