A revised curriculum will be effective by the Fall 2016-17 term, with a transition period. The revision can be summarized in four items:
- A new course, MECH 310 – Numerical Methods (3-0), is added to the fifth semester. MAT 210 is a prerequisite for this course. Click here for a related flowchart in the transition period.
- The credits of both MECH 206 and MECH 307 have been decreased to (3-0) and MECH 307 is moved to the fifth semester. A new course, MECH 308 – Design of Machine Elements (3-0), is added to the sixth semester. MECH 307 is a prerequisite for this course. Click here for a related flowchart in the transition period.
- The credits of 2nd and 3rd year lab courses have been updated. Click here for a related flowchart in the transition period.
- MECH 220 – Mechanical Eng. Lab I (2-2): The number of the lecture hours are increased (transferred from old MECH 320).
- MECH 320 – Mechanical Eng. Lab II (0-2): There will be no regular class hours. Throughout the semester, a number of experiments will be conducted after having lab lectures. The format will be similar to MECH 420.
- MECH 303 is moved to sixth semester. MECH 303 will be offered in Spring semesters starting with Spring 2017-18. It will be offered in Fall 2016-17 and not in Spring 2016-17.
You can check the new curriculum on the program website: ncc.metu.edu.tr/mech/curriculum
If you have any questions regarding the revision, please comment below or send an email to Dr. Behzat Kentel: firstname.lastname@example.org