As the registration period is just around the corner, I would like to point out some important parts regarding the registrations:
Before the registration starts,
- Plan yourself on which courses to take and their schedules. See below for course priority and rules for registrations. Note that some courses have prerequisites, see our flowchart or Student Affairs Information System Program No. 64.
- You can see all the courses available this semester at METU NCC via Intranet (Intranet → System Entries → Course Registration Support → View Courses). Information on the Course Criteria column tells you whether you are allowed/eligible to register that course section.
E.g., “MECH-2-MUST aa-kz” means that that section is offered as a must course to 2nd year MECH students with the last names starting from aa to kz.
- Once you decide on all the courses and sections, prepare a timetable for yourselves to see if you have any conflicts. You can see all the courses available this semester via the Intranet (Intranet → System Entries → Course Registration Support → View Schedules). If there is any conflict, look for other possibilities (sections, courses, etc.) to register. (Note that you can download your timetable as an Excel file. You cannot save your timetable/schedule as on APU which we were using previously).
- Make sure you do not have any debt with the University (tuition, library, etc.).
During the registration period,
- Go to register.metu.edu.tr and log in. Add all the courses with correct sections you listed beforehand. You do not need to send your timetable to your adviser. As you register to courses/sections, your adviser is able to see them through the system.
- If you encounter any problems, see Help Desk and/or fill in a problem form via the Intranet (Intranet → System Entries → Course Registration Support) and/or visit your adviser.
- Visit your adviser in person to get his/her approval. Your adviser is listed under Student Affairs Information System Program No. 61. See the Semester Detail Info tab.
Do not forget that your registration is not complete without your adviser’s approval! You must get your adviser’s approval before the registration period is over!
Your registration should be conformed with the following course priority:
- Courses that must be repeated
- Must courses not taken previous year
- Must courses according to the order of years in curriculum
- Courses to retake to improve GPA (Replaced courses must be retaken within the three consecutive semesters following the semester in which the courses were taken.)
If you are on probation, you cannot take any new courses. You will repeat the courses you have taken until you get your CGPA 2.00 or higher.
Attendance is mandatory for all courses at METU. If you cannot add a course during the registration for any reason, you should attend a section of that course that fits your timetable/schedule. During the add-drop period, you must still add the course officially and get your adviser’s approval.
I wish all of you a successful semester!